Smart Thermostat Installations
Smart Thermostats are a new device that connects your heating to the internet, allowing you to control the temperature of your house from any location!
The Smart device is installed and replaces your current thermostat. You download an app to your mobile phone or tablet, here you can set a programme or alter the temperature wherever you are.
The Benefits of Smart Thermostat Installations
- They aim to save money on your heating bills, especially if you don’t have a thermostat or timer on your current central heating.
- You can control your heating remotely, ensuring that your heating is switched off when you are not there and will be on warming the house, ready for when you get home or wake up.
- Some products also learn your habits using motion detectors that detect when you’re in and out of the house so they turn on and off to anticipate your behaviour.
How much money could I save with Smart Thermostats control?
Nest has estimated that a Smart Thermostat could save you around 20%, which would be around £250 on a typical annual heating bill.This indicates that by investing in a product, you could get your money back in just over a year. Since 2011, Nest, one of the largest Smart Thermostat brands, claims to have saved over 8 billion kWh of energy in millions of homes worldwide.
There are several products currently on the market that you can research
- Honeywell Evo Home.
Where do I buy a Smart Thermostat?
You can buy products directly or here at Carshalton Boilers we are an approved supplier and installer of the Nest Product. We can, however, source and install your preferred brand.
How do I get a Smart Thermostat device installed?
At Carshalton Boilers, we have qualified Smart Thermostat installers. Our experienced engineers will also provide you with advice on how to set it up on your mobile or tablet and give training on how to use the device.
Our engineers can be booked to come out to install your Smart product, before the visit:
- We ask that you allow 1 and a half hours for the appointment, during which time you will be shown how to download the App and use the device.
- We need to understand if you have an existing wired thermostat, in which case the device can be installed in the same place.
- If you do not have a hard-wired thermostat then the device can be installed on a stand, in a place of your choosing and would need to be plugged into the mains.
- It is worth considering the best place for the thermostat to be placed. We would recommend a living room or alternative, where you spend most of your time.
Get in touch: Carshalton Boilers today for a quote or to book an installation appointment.